The team at Echo Stories just published their Business and Brand Storytelling Trends for 2017. Here is their take on the trends that will shape 2017:
- There will be a greater focus on short-form video
- Storytelling will be recognized as a business competency
- Virtual Reality will impact how brands tell stories
- The data you've been stockpiling will increasingly shape the stories you tell
- Widespread use of platforms like Slack and SMS messaging will make it increasingly more difficult to track and measure content performance
- Thanks to "fake news," there will be more respect (and scrutiny) for brand storytelling
There are stories to tell. It's time to get writing.